Influence of phosphor precursors on the morphology and purity of sol–gel-derived hydroxyapatite nanoparticles
In this study nano crystalline hydroxyapatite (HA) particles were produced by both sol-gel and precipitation methods. For this purpose calcium nitrate tetra hydrate (Ca(NO3)2·4H2O) was selected as calcium precursors and three types of phosphorus precursors such as acid phosphoric (H3PO4) , triethyl phosphate (C2H5O)3PO and pentad oxide phosphorus (P2O5) were chosen. The produced powders were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). The results show that although hydroxyapatite can be produced by all phosphorus precursors used in the current research, the purity of HA obtained from penta oxide phosphorus and phosphoric acid is higher than that of triethyl phosphate. The SEM micrographs prove that the morphology of nano-HAP depends on the type of phosphorus precursor .The HAP prepared from acid phosphoric was spherically shaped whereas the one from triethyl phosphate is needle like and from penta oxide phosphorus was found to be Pyramidal in shape.
2. Gholami A, Hashemi SA, Yousefi K, Mousavi SM, Chiang W-H, Ramakrishna S, et al. 3D Nanostructures for Tissue Engineering, Cancer Therapy, and Gene Delivery. Journal of Nanomaterials. 2020;2020.
3. Chevalier J, Gremillard L. Ceramics for medical applications: A picture for the next 20 years. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. 2009;29(7):1245-55.
4. Khaj M, Goudarzian N, Yousefi K. Bio-Degradation Study of ABS Protein Filled Nano Composite.
5. Kehoe S. Optimisation of hydroxyapatite (HAp) for orthopaedic application via the chemical precipitation technique. Dublin City University; 2008.
6. YOUSEFI K, ZEBARJAD SM, VAHDATI KJ. COMPARISON OF POLY-ETHYLENE GLYCOL EFFECT ON HYDROXYAPATITE MORPHOLOGY PRODUCED INTO DIFFERENT METHOD: SOL-GEL AND PRECIPITATION. 2015.
7. Mousavi SM, Soroshnia S, Hashemi SA, Babapoor A, Ghasemi Y, Savardashtaki A, et al. Graphene nano-ribbon based high potential and efficiency for DNA, cancer therapy and drug delivery applications. Drug metabolism reviews. 2019;51(1):91-104.
8. Mousavi SM, Hashemi SA, Amani AM, Saed H, Jahandideh S, Mojoudi F. Polyethylene terephthalate/acryl butadiene styrene copolymer incorporated with oak shell, potassium sorbate and egg shell nanoparticles for food packaging applications: control of bacteria growth, physical and mechanical properties. Polymers from Renewable Resources. 2017;8(4):177-96.
9. Amani AM, Hashemi SA, Mousavi SM, Abrishamifar SM, Vojood A. Electric field induced alignment of carbon nanotubes: methodology and outcomes. Carbon nanotubes-recent progress. IntechOpen; 2017.
10. YOUSEFI K. Optimization of physical and mechanical properties of calcium silicate nanocomposite by Taguchi method. 2020.
11. Yousefi K, Zebarjad SM, Khaki JV. Comparison of polyethylene glycol effect on hydroxyapatite morphology produced into different methods: sol–gel and precipitation. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. 2015;76(3):592-8.
12. Yousefi K, Manesh HD. Production of calcium silicate Nano-biocomposite and modeling of its flexural and compressive strength with statistics method. Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies. 2020;1(3):72-6.
13. Yousefi K, Zebarjad SM, Vahdati Khaki J. Effect of polyethylene glycol and acetic acid on morphology of nanoparticle Hydroxyapatite synthesized by sol-gel. 4th International Conference on Nanostructures (ICNS42012.
14. YOUSEFI K, ZEBARJAD S, VAHDATI KJ. Taguchi Statistical Method to Optimize the Experimental Conditions for the Nano Hydroxyapatite Production by Sol–Gel Method. 2014.
15. Yousefi K. Graphene-Carbon Nanotube Hybrids: Synthesis and Application.
16. Koutsopoulos S. Synthesis and characterization of hydroxyapatite crystals: a review study on the analytical methods. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: An Official Journal of The Society for Biomaterials, The Japanese Society for Biomaterials, and The Australian Society for Biomaterials and the Korean Society for Biomaterials. 2002;62(4):600-12.
17. Yousefi K, Manesh HD, Khalifeh A, Moazami F, Sanaee M. Nanocement/poly (vinyl alcohol) composites for endodontic applications. Materials Chemistry and Physics. 2020;254:123337.
18. Liu D-M, Yang Q, Troczynski T, Tseng WJ. Structural evolution of sol–gel-derived hydroxyapatite. Biomaterials. 2002;23(7):1679-87.
19. Goudarzian N, Esmaeli M, Mousavi S, Hashemi S, Zarei M, Gholami A, et al. Preparation physical, mechanical properties and biodegradable study of SAN/EOC/nanoclay/proteins nanocomposite. Polymers from Renewable Resources. 2020:2041247920968505.
20. Kuriakose TA, Kalkura SN, Palanichamy M, Arivuoli D, Dierks K, Bocelli G, et al. Synthesis of stoichiometric nano crystalline hydroxyapatite by ethanol-based sol–gel technique at low temperature. Journal of Crystal Growth. 2004;263(1-4):517-23.
21. Niknam Z, Goudarzian N, Yousefi K. Reducing Amination of Aldehydes and Ketons with Highly Branch Polyethylenemine Supported Zirconia Borohydride and Nano Tetrachlorosilane as a New and Mild Reducing Agent. Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies. 2020:17-22.
22. Agrawal K, Singh G, Puri D, Prakash S. Synthesis and characterization of hydroxyapatite powder by sol-gel method for biomedical application. J Miner Mater Charact Eng. 2011;10(8):727-34.
23. Goudarzian N, Hashemi S, Mirjalili M. Unsaturated polyester resins modified with cresol novolac epoxy and silica nanoparticles: processing and mechanical properties. Int J Chem Pet Sci. 2016;5(1):13-26.