Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Based on Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques policy only original article (i.e., article which has neither been published elsewhere, nor is under review elsewhere) can be published. Manuscripts that are found to have been plagiarized from a manuscript by other authors, whether published or unpublished, will incur plagiarism sanctions.
2- Duplicate Submission
Manuscripts that are found to have been published elsewhere, or to be under review elsewhere, will incur duplicate submission/publication sanctions. If authors have used their own previously published work, or work that is currently under review, as the basis for a submitted manuscript, they are required to cite the previous work and indicate how their submitted manuscript offers novel contributions beyond those of the previous work.
3- Citation Manipulation
Submitted manuscripts that are found to include citations whose primary purpose is to increase the number of citations to a given author’s work, or to articles published in a particular journal, will incur citation manipulation sanctions.
4- Data Fabrication and Falsification
Submitted manuscripts that are found to have either fabricated or falsified experimental results, including the manipulation of images, will incur data fabrication and falsification sanctions.
5- Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All listed authors must have made a significant scientific contribution to the research in the manuscript and approved all its claims. It is important to list everyone who made a significant scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians.
In the event that there are documented violations of any of the above mentioned policies is found, the following sanctions will be applied:
- Immediate rejection of the infringing manuscript.
- Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions to Journal of Environmental treatment Techniques, either individually or in combination with other authors of the infringing manuscript, as well as in combination with any other authors. This prohibition will be imposed for a minimum of 36 months.
In cases where the violations of the above policies are found to be particularly egregious, the journal reserves the right to impose additional sanctions beyond those described above.
7- Research involving human participants and/or animals
7-1- Statement of Human Rights
When reporting studies that involve human participants, authors should include a statement that the studies have been approved by the appropriate institutional and/or national research ethics committee and have been performed in accordance with the ethical standards as laid down in the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- If doubt exists whether the research was conducted in accordance with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration or comparable standards, the authors must explain the reasons for their approach, and demonstrate that the independent ethics committee or institutional review board explicitly approved the doubtful aspects of the study.
- The following statements should be included in the text before the References section:
- Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- For retrospective studies Ethical approval: For this type of study formal consent is not required.
7-2- Statement on the Welfare of Animals
The welfare of animals used for research must be respected. When reporting experiments on animals, authors should indicate whether the international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals have been followed, and that the studies have been approved by a research ethics committee at the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted (where such a committee exists).
- For studies with animals, the following statement should be included in the text before the References section:
- Ethical approval: All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- If applicable (where such a committee exists) Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving animals were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted.
- If articles do not contain studies with human participants or animals by any of the authors, please select one of the following statements:
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with animals performed by any of the authors.
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors