Effect of silver nanoparticles disinfectant on covid-19
The modifications of sample in the metallic crystals from bulk to nano size have caused in wonderful and supreme attributes; which have dramatically created a broad range of applications. Exclusively, Silver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) attract more consideration due to their specific catalytic, electrical, chemical, and optical properties that can be modified with shapes, size, surface nature, etc. Therefore these crystals have been utilized in different areas such as antimicrobial agents in the health industry, electronic components, sensor, catalysis, etc. Silver is suitable for all pathogens such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses. In addition, Ag NPs disinfectants have attracted attention because of the applicable applications in our daily life. Hence the Ag NPs have been utilized in various sections such as food packaging, biomedical, animal husbandry, textile, water/air filters, etc. Because of the absence of efficient antiviral scales, the pandemic of COVID-19 is extanding. AgNPs are assumed to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 and have been studied due to owning antiviral properties. In this review, the Ag NPs as a disinfectant in disinfect of covid-19 have been discussed.
2. Mazraedoost S, Behbudi G, Mousavi SM, Hashemi SA. Covid-19 treatment by plant compounds. Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies. 2021;2(1):23-33.
3. Hashemi SA, Behbahan NGG, Bahrani S, Mousavi SM, Gholami A, Ramakrishna S, et al. Ultra-sensitive viral glycoprotein detection NanoSystem toward accurate tracing SARS-CoV-2 in biological/non-biological media. Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 2021;171:112731.
4. Ahmadi S. The importance of silver nanoparticles in human life. Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies. 2020;1(1):5-9.
5. Medhi R, Srinoi P, Ngo N, Tran H-V, Lee TR. Nanoparticle-based strategies to combat COVID-19. ACS Applied Nano Materials. 2020;3(9):8557-80.
6. Mousavi SM, Hashemi SA, Parvin N, Gholami A, Ramakrishna S, Omidifar N, et al. Recent biotechnological approaches for treatment of novel COVID-19: from bench to clinical trial. Drug Metabolism Reviews. 2020:1-30.
7. WHO: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in non-health care settings. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-cleaning-and-disinfecting-surfaces-in-non-health-care-settings (2020). Accessed.
8. Turner RJ. Metal-based antimicrobial strategies. Microb Biotechnol. 2017;10(5):1062-5. doi: 10.1111/1751-7915.12785.
9. Deshmukh S, Patil S, Mullani S, Delekar S. Silver nanoparticles as an effective disinfectant: A review. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2019;97:954-65.
10. Hashemi SA, Mousavi SM, Bahrani S, Ramakrishna S. Polythiophene silver bromide nanostructure as ultra-sensitive non-enzymatic electrochemical glucose biosensor. European Polymer Journal. 2020;138:109959. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2020.109959.
11. Jeremiah SS, Miyakawa K, Morita T, Yamaoka Y, Ryo A. Potent antiviral effect of silver nanoparticles on SARS-CoV-2. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2020;533(1):195-200.
12. Ahmadi S, Fazilati M, Mousavi SM, Nazem H. Anti-bacterial/fungal and anti-cancer performance of green synthesized Ag nanoparticles using summer savory extract. Journal of Experimental Nanoscience. 2020;15(1):363-80.
13. Mousavi SM, Hashemi SA, Ramakrishna S, Esmaeili H, Bahrani S, Koosha M, et al. Green synthesis of supermagnetic Fe3O4–MgO nanoparticles via Nutmeg essential oil toward superior anti-bacterial and anti-fungal performance. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology. 2019;54:101352.
14. Nakamura S, Sato M, Sato Y, Ando N, Takayama T, Fujita M, et al. Synthesis and application of silver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) for the prevention of infection in healthcare workers. International journal of molecular sciences. 2019;20(15):3620.
15. Hashemi SA, Mousavi SM, Bahrani S, Ramakrishna S, Hashemi SH. Picomolar-level detection of mercury within non-biological/biological aqueous media using ultra-sensitive polyaniline-Fe 3 O 4-silver diethyldithiocarbamate nanostructure. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 2020;412:5353-65.
16. Mousavi SM, Zarei M, Hashemi SA, Babapoor A, Amani AM. A conceptual review of rhodanine: current applications of antiviral drugs, anticancer and antimicrobial activities. Artificial cells, nanomedicine, and biotechnology. 2019;47(1):1132-48.
17. Marambio-Jones C, Hoek EM. A review of the antibacterial effects of silver nanomaterials and potential implications for human health and the environment. Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 2010;12(5):1531-51.
18. Gupta A, Maynes M, Silver S. Effects of halides on plasmid-mediated silver resistance in Escherichia coli. Applied and environmental microbiology. 1998;64(12):5042-5.
19. Kawashita M, Tsuneyama S, Miyaji F, Kokubo T, Kozuka H, Yamamoto K. Antibacterial silver-containing silica glass prepared by sol–gel method. Biomaterials. 2000;21(4):393-8.
20. Sondi I, Salopek-Sondi B. Silver nanoparticles as antimicrobial agent: a case study on E. coli as a model for Gram-negative bacteria. Journal of colloid and interface science. 2004;275(1):177-82.
21. Nguyen VQ, Ishihara M, Mori Y, Nakamura S, Kishimoto S, Fujita M, et al. Preparation of size-controlled silver nanoparticles and chitosan-based composites and their anti-microbial activities. Bio-Medical Materials and Engineering. 2013;23(6):473-83.
22. Mori Y, Ono T, Miyahira Y, Nguyen VQ, Matsui T, Ishihara M. Antiviral activity of silver nanoparticle/chitosan composites against H1N1 influenza A virus. Nanoscale research letters. 2013;8(1):93.
23. Ip M, Lui SL, Poon VK, Lung I, Burd A. Antimicrobial activities of silver dressings: an in vitro comparison. Journal of medical microbiology. 2006;55(1):59-63.
24. Elechiguerra JL, Burt JL, Morones JR, Camacho-Bragado A, Gao X, Lara HH, et al. Interaction of silver nanoparticles with HIV-1. Journal of nanobiotechnology. 2005;3(1):1-10.
25. Swathy J, Sankar MU, Chaudhary A, Aigal S, Pradeep T. Antimicrobial silver: an unprecedented anion effect. Scientific reports. 2014;4(1):1-5.
26. Kim J, Yeom M, Lee T, Kim H-O, Na W, Kang A, et al. Porous gold nanoparticles for attenuating infectivity of influenza A virus. Journal of nanobiotechnology. 2020;18(1):1-11.
27. Lu L, Sun RW-Y, Chen R, Hui C-K, Ho C-M, Luk JM, et al. Silver nanoparticles inhibit hepatitis B virus replication. Antivir Ther. 2008;13(2):253-62.
28. Galdiero S, Falanga A, Vitiello M, Cantisani M, Marra V, Galdiero M. Silver nanoparticles as potential antiviral agents. Molecules. 2011;16(10):8894-918.
29. Williams K, Milner J, Boudreau MD, Gokulan K, Cerniglia CE, Khare S. Effects of subchronic exposure of silver nanoparticles on intestinal microbiota and gut-associated immune responses in the ileum of Sprague-Dawley rats. Nanotoxicology. 2015;9(3):279-89.
30. Balagna C, Perero S, Percivalle E, Nepita EV, Ferraris M. Virucidal effect against coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 of a silver nanocluster/silica composite sputtered coating. Open Ceramics. 2020;1:100006.
31. Tremiliosi GC, Simoes LGP, Minozzi DT, Santos RI, Vilela DB, Durigon EL, et al. Ag nanoparticles-based antimicrobial polycotton fabrics to prevent the transmission and spread of SARS-CoV-2. BioRxiv. 2020.
32. Vazquez-Munoz R, Lopez-Ribot JL. Nanotechnology as an alternative to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Challenges. 2020;11(2):15.
33. Hati S, Bhattacharyya S. Impact of Thiol–Disulfide Balance on the Binding of Covid-19 Spike Protein with Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 Receptor. ACS omega. 2020;5(26):16292-8.
34. Das C, Paul SS, Saha A, Singh T, Saha A, Im J, et al. Silver-Based Nanomaterials as Therapeutic Agents Against Coronaviruses: A Review. International journal of nanomedicine. 2020;15:9301.
35. DST: DST funded startup develops chemical free silver based disinfectant to fight COVID 19 pandemic. https://dst.gov.in/dst-funded-startup-develops-chemical-free-silver-based-disinfectant-fight-covid-19-pandemic (2020). Accessed.
36. Talebian S, Wallace GG, Schroeder A, Stellacci F, Conde J. Nanotechnology-based disinfectants and sensors for SARS-CoV-2. Nature nanotechnology. 2020;15(8):618-21.
37. Campos EVR, Pereira AES, de Oliveira JL, Carvalho LB, Guilger-Casagrande M, de Lima R, et al. How can nanotechnology help to combat COVID-19? Opportunities and urgent need. Journal of Nanobiotechnology. 2020;18(1):125. doi: 10.1186/s12951-020-00685-4.
38. Cavalcanti IDL, Nogueira MCdBL. Pharmaceutical nanotechnology: which products are been designed against COVID-19? Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 2020;22(9):1-11.