Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
1- Article processing
All submitted articles are subjected to a blind peer-review process. In the initial review, it is ensured that the similarity-index of the submitted article is below 12% as per the Journal of Infertility and Reproductive Biology (JIRB) policy. Upon preliminary evaluation by the Editorial Board, the papers are sent to two or more referees (experts in respective fields) for evaluation. After the reviewers have submitted their comments you will be contacted by an editor regarding acceptance, provisional acceptance, or rejection of a manuscript. The decision of the Editor-in-Chief to publish a paper in concurrence with referee(s) opinion is considered final. There are two processes to review the articles: regular publication process and fast publication process. In the regular publication process, the manuscripts are sent for volunteer reviewers. Since the journal does not pay to review in this mode, the review process takes between 8 and 16 weeks. There is no publication fee for the regular publication process. In the fast publication process, the manuscripts are sent to many highly ranked reviewers. The journal pays a part of the publication fee to the reviewers to finish the review process within a reasonable period of time. Therefore, the manuscripts are fastly reviewed (less than 5 weeks) and they are fastly made online if they are accepted. Submission of an article under the fast publication process cannot guarantee the acceptance of the paper. There is a publication fee for accepted manuscripts under the fast publication process (200 USD). The publication fee should be pay after accepting the manuscript. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) if you need any further information.
2- Frequency of publication
JIRB is published as a quarterly journal with 4 issues per year. Special editions are also planned subjected to the scope and need.
3- Submission of articles
Authors are invited to submit papers through (Online Submission system). Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for publication while being evaluated for this journal. The paper must be in JIRB format (Download Manuscript Template).
Classification contributions are classified into Research Paper, Technical Note, and Discussion & Replies. Research Papers should be a well-organized thesis based on original theories of experimental research and technical achievement. Technical Notes should be of contents describing new research and technical achievements, ideas on new issues, and contents complementing or revising previously published papers. Discussion & Replies should present complementary of different data or opinions on previously published research methods and results. In principle, the writer should reply to the discussion. Please follow these comments for manuscript preparation:
(1) Full name of authors should be added to the manuscript. Please do not use the short form of the author name such as M.R. Salehikar.
(2) Pages should be numbered consecutively. The full title of the paper should be followed by the full name of all authors, the names and addresses of their institutions. Telephone, fax, and email address of the corresponding author should be added to the manuscript.
(3) The figures should be placed in the text. Figures should be clear and the lettering legible and proportional to the size of the figure so that reduction is possible if necessary. Figures will appear in color online and in the final PDF once the paper has been accepted.
(4) Figures, photos, illustrations, and graphs should be referred to in the text as figures and numbered consecutively throughout the paper by Arabic numerals.
(5) The second page should contain the Abstract and five to ten keywords. An abstract of about 250 words should be included and appropriate keywords listed preferably selected from the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH).
(6) Tables should be cited in numerical order in the text using Arabic numbers. The table headings should be as follows: Table 1, 2, 3. Each table should have a descriptive title.
(7) We are pleased to receive papers from all regions of the world where English is not the native language. Please ensure that your paper is well presented in logical and good English. If necessary, please have your paper edited by a colleague who is a native speaker before you submit it. A clear and concise language will help editors and reviewers concentrate on the scientific content of your paper and thus help in the peer-review process.
(8) References must be identified by Arabic numerals, enclosed within parentheses (e.g. 1, 2, etc.), numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text (between square brackets), and listed at the end of the paper. Please do not use the abbreviated name of journals.
Examples of references:
Kostyk SK, Drophco E, Moltz H, et al. Occultation in immature rats in relation to the time and dose of injected human chorionic gonadotrophin or pregnant mare serum gonadotrophin. Biology of Reproduction. 1978;19(5):1102-1107. doi:8766/876/545.
If there are more than four authors add the first three authors listed followed by et al.
The section in Book:
Ellenhorn M, Schonwald S. Lead poisoning. In: Ellenhorn M, ed. Ellenhorn’s Medical Toxicology: Diagnosis and Treatment of Human Poisoning. 2nd ed. New York, Williams, and Wilkins, 2009:1564-79.
Morgan WKC, Seaton A. Occupational Lung Diseases. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, WB Saunders Co, 2009.
WHO. Occupational and community noise. 2008, Available from www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs258/en (Accessed August 28, 2009). (10) The manuscript must be written by the font of "Time New Roman" and font size of 9 pt. Please download the Manuscript Template and use it to prepare your manuscript.
Personal communications and unpublished data including manuscripts submitted but not yet accepted for publication should not be used as a reference. Periodical titles should be abbreviated according to the Index Medicus. If the cited journal is not covered by Index Medicus, mention the complete name of the journal. Inclusive page numbers should be given for all references. Print surnames and initials of all authors when there are four or less. In the case of five or more authors, the names of the first three authors followed by et al should be listed.
Authors are also instructed to submit the copyright transfer form once the article is accepted for publication, without which the articles will not be processed. The author can download the copyright transfer form duly filled form should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Download Copyright Form.
The facts and views in the article will be of the authors and they will be totally responsible for authenticity, validity, and originality, etc. The authors should give an undertaking while submitting the paper that the manuscripts submitted to the journal have not been published and have not been simultaneously submitted or published elsewhere and manuscripts are their original work. That if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
5- Publication Ethic
Based on the Journal of Infertility and Reproductive Biology policy only original article (i.e., article which has neither been published elsewhere nor is under review elsewhere) can be published. Manuscripts that are found to have been plagiarized from a manuscript by other authors, whether published or unpublished, will incur plagiarism sanctions.
5-2- Duplicate Submission
Manuscripts that are found to have been published elsewhere, or to be under review elsewhere, will incur duplicate submission/publication sanctions. If authors have used their own previously published work or work that is currently under review, as the basis for a submitted manuscript, they are required to cite the previous work and indicate how their submitted manuscript offers novel contributions beyond those of the previous work.
5-3- Citation Manipulation
Submitted manuscripts that are found to include citations whose primary purpose is to increase the number of citations to a given author’s work, or to articles published in a particular journal, will incur citation manipulation sanctions.
5-4- Data Fabrication and Falsification
Submitted manuscripts that are found to have either fabricated or falsified experimental results, including the manipulation of images, will incur data fabrication and falsification sanctions.
5-5- Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All listed authors must have made a significant scientific contribution to the research in the manuscript and approved all its claims. It is important to list everyone who made a significant scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians.
In the event that there are documented violations of any of the above-mentioned policies is found, the following sanctions will be applied:
- Immediate rejection of the infringing manuscript.
- Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions to Journal of Infertility and Reproductive Biology, either individually or in combination with other authors of the infringing manuscript, as well as in combination with any other authors. This prohibition will be imposed for a minimum of 36 months.
In cases where the violations of the above policies are found to be particularly egregious, the journal reserves the right to impose additional sanctions beyond those described above.
5-7- Research involving human participants and/or animals
5-7-1- Statement of Human Rights
When reporting studies that involve human participants, authors should include a statement that the studies have been approved by the appropriate institutional and/or national research ethics committee and have been performed in accordance with the ethical standards as laid down in the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- If doubt exists whether the research was conducted in accordance with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration or comparable standards, the authors must explain the reasons for their approach, and demonstrate that the independent ethics committee or institutional review board explicitly approved the doubtful aspects of the study.
- The following statements should be included in the text before the References section:
- Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- For retrospective studies, Ethical approval: For this type of study formal consent is not required.
5-7-2- Statement on the Welfare of Animals
The welfare of animals used for research must be respected. When reporting experiments on animals, authors should indicate whether the international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals have been followed and that the studies have been approved by a research ethics committee at the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted (where such a committee exists).
- For studies with animals, the following statement should be included in the text before the References section:
- Ethical approval: All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- If applicable (where such a committee exists) Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving animals were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted.
- If articles do not contain studies with human participants or animals by any of the authors, please select one of the following statements:
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with animals performed by any of the authors.
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors
6- Fee for publication
Journal of Infertility and Reproductive Biology is free of charge journal and there is no publication fee.