Elimination of the Declared Insecticide by Natural and Modified Clay and Montmorillonite Sodium
In this research, we study the comparison of the removal of a domestic insecticide declared as an organic pollutant from the water on the surface of the natural clay (N-C) and Montmorillonite sodium (Mnt-Na), where we reveal general information about adsorbents on organic pollutants, as well as physical and chemical methods for their spectral analyses. In addition, we have a simplified explanation of the adsorption phenomenon and then we study the various factors that affect it, represented by the effect of the initial concentration of the pollutant solution, the effect of the pH, temperature and the contact time, conductivity effect, turbidity analysis, and dissolved oxygen analysis. And we have achieved the results that benefit us by comparing the effectiveness of Natural clay (N-C) and Montmorillonite sodium ( Mnt-Na) in the elimination of insecticide, in addition to judging the possibility of describing adsorption by the best adsorbent.
(1) Sathishkumar, P., Mohan, K., Ganesan, A. R., Govarthanan, M., Yusoff, A. R. M., & Gu, F.L. (2021). Persistence, toxicological effect and ecological issues of endosulfan – A review. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 416,125-779. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2021.125779
(2) Tudi, M., Daniel Ruan, H., Wang, L., Lyu, J., Sadler, R., Connell, D., & Phung, D. T.(2021).Agriculture Development, Pesticide Application and Its Impact on the Environment .International journal of environmental research and public health, 18(3), 1112. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18031112
(3) Lozowicka, B., Kaczynski, P., Paritova, А. Е., Kuzembekova, G. B., Abzhalieva, A. B., Sarsembayeva, N. B., (2014). Pesticide residues in grain from Kazakhstan and potential health risks associated with exposure to detected pesticides. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 64, 238-248. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2013.11.038
(4) Anna Stavitskaya,Christina Shakhbazova,Yulia Cherednichenko,Läysän (2020). Antibacterial properties and in vivo studies of tannic acid stabilized silver-halloysite nanomaterials. Clay Minerals , 55 (2), pp. 112 – 119..https://doi.org/10.1180/clm.2020.17
(5) Teodosiu, C., Gilca, A. F., Barjoveanu, G., & Fiore, S. (2018). Emerging pollutants removal through advanced drinking water treatment: assessment .Journal of cleaner production, 197,1210-1221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.06.247
(6) Wang, Shuai, et al (2018). "Prevention of cyclophosphamide-induced immune suppression in mice with the antimicrobial peptide sublancin." Journal of immunology research,1-11. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4353580
(7) Sharma, R. K., Singh, P., Setia, A., & Sharma, A. K. (2020). Insecticides and Ovarian Functions. Environmental and molecular mutagenesis 61(3),369-392 https://doi.org/10.1002/em.22355
(8) Musa, M. A., & Idrus, S. (2021). Physical and Biological Treatment Technologies of Slaughterhouse Wastewater: A Review Sustainability, 13(9), 4656. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13094656
(9) L. Kaluđerović, Z. Tomic, L. Životić (2020).Adsorption behaviour of clomazone on inorganic and organically modified natural montmorillonite from Bogovina (Serbia).ClayMinerals, 55(4),pp.342-350.https://doi.org/10.1180/clm.2021.3
(10) Leahy, J., Mendelsohn, M., Kough, J., Jones, R., & Berckes, N. (2014). Biopesticide Oversight and Registration at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency State of the art and future opportunities,3-18.https://doi.org/10.1021/bk-2014-1172.ch001
(11) Singh, M., Sarkar, B., Hussain, S., Ok, Y. S., Bolan, N. S. (2017) Influence of physico-chemical properties of soil clay fractions on the retention of dissolved organic carbon Environmental geochemistry and health 39(6), 1335-1350. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-017-9939-0
(12) Bouazza, F., Benguella, B., & Soussi, S. (2018). Elimination of the pesticide by natural and modified clays. Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 96(11), 975-983. https://doi.org/10.1139/cjc-2018-0148
(13) Antonelli, Raissa, et al. (2020). Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering.8(6): 104-553. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2020.104553
(14) Freitas, A. L. P. D. L., Tonini Filho, L. R., Calvão, P. S., (2017). Adsorption of ciprofloxacin onto thermally modified bentonite clay: PolymerTesting, 62,189-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2017.06.030
(15) El Miz, M., Akichoh, H., Berraaouan, D., Salhi, S., & Tahani, A. (2017). Chemical and Physical Characterization of Moroccan Bentonite Taken from Nador (North of Morocco).Am.j.Chem,7(4),105-112.https://doi.org/ 10.5923/j.chemistry.20170704.01
(16) Ravindra Reddy, T., Kaneko, S., Endo, T., & Lakshmi Reddy, S. (2017). Spectroscopic Characterization of Bentonite.Journal of Lasers,Optics et photonics,4,1-4.https://doi.org/10.4172/2469-410X.1000171
(17) Sadat, A., & Joye, I. J. (2020).Peak Fitting Applied to Fourier Transform Infrared and Raman Spectroscopic Analysis of Proteins. Applied Sciences, 10(17),5918 .https://doi.org/10.3390/app10175918
(18) Satlaoui, Yosra, et al. (2019). Removal Properties, Mechanisms, and Performance of Methyl Green from Aqueous Solution Using Raw and Purified Sejnane Clay Type. Journal of Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/4121864
(19) Sahu, D. K., Rai, J., Bhatt, C., Rai, M. K., Goswami, J., Sahu, A. K., & Mundeja, P. (2018) . UV-visible spectrophotometric determination of lambda - cyhalothrin insecticide in vegetables, soil and water samples. Journal of Ravishankar University, 31(1), 1-9. https://doi.org/: 10.52228/JRUB.2018-31-1-1
(20) Mabrouk, Serraoui, et al. (2020)"Adsorption capacity of pollutants by using local clay mineral from urban wastewater Touggourt (South-East Algeria). Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 13.2: 85-90. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00018.8
(21) Ahmed, A., et al. "XRD (2018)." XRD and ATR/FTIR investigations of various montmorillonite clays modified by monocationic and dicationic imidazolium ionic liquids.Journal of Molecular Structure 1173:653-664 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2018.07.039
(22) Roy, Biplab, and Ajay Kumar Manna (2021):. "The Status of Surface Water in West Tripura District, India: An Approach by Using Water Quality Index and Multivariate Statistical Technique." Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution 18.2 27-36.
(23) Guo, Z., Wei, C., Wang, S., Qi, F., He, Z., Majeed, U., & Huang, J. (2022) Crystal structure analysis of three (E)-N-(3-methyl,5-fluorinephenyl)-2-(4-substituted benzylidene) Experimental and theoretical studies . Journal of Molecular Structure, 1247,131-383 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2021.131383
(24) Bagamla, W., Raphael, D., Massai, H., & Benoit, L. B. (2021) Adsorption of Triterpene Extracts of Momordica charantia (Cucurbitaceae) Leaves by Local Kaolin from Boboyo, (Cameroon) .American Journal of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, 5(1), 8-20. https;//doi/ 10.11648/j.ajcbe.20210501.12
(25) Li, H., Wang, F., Li, J., Deng, S., & Zhang, S. (2021) .Adsorption of three pesticides on polyethylene microplastics in aqueous solutions: Kinetics, isotherms, thermodynamics,. Chemosphere, 264, 128-556..https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.128556
(26) Arenas‐Sánchez, A., López‐Heras, I., Nozal, L., Vighi, M., & Rico, A. (2019). Effects of increased temperature, drought and an insecticide on freshwater Environmental toxicology and chemistry, 38(2),396-411.https://doi.org/10.1002/etc.4304
(27) Chará-Serna, A. M., Epele, L. B., Morrissey, C. A., & Richardson, J. S. (2019). Nutrients and sediment modify the impacts of a neonicotinoid insecticide on freshwater community structure and ecosystem functioning. Science of the Total Environment, 692, 1291-1303. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.06.301.
(28) Rezgui, S., Monser, L., Amrane, A., & Adhoum, N. (2021). Removal of Amitraz insecticide by heterogeneous UV-Fenton process using metals supported on chitosan beads as catalyst Progress & Sustainable Energy, 40(2),13518.https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.13518
(29) Mark O. Gessner,(2016) Fostering integration of freshwater ecology with ecotoxicology., Freshwater biology vol 61., pp 1991-2001, https://doi.org/10.1111/fwb.128520.
(30) UmerYounas., ShahidIqba l(2017) .Fertilizer industrial effluents: Physico-chemical characterization and water quality parameters evaluation. Acta Ecologica Sinica, pp236-239 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chnaes.2017.02.002
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.